Bunless Salmon Burger
No need for the bun when you have the tastiest Bunless Salmon Burger with crisp lettuce and topped with cool chipotle cream.
Beautiful and grilled to perfection…You’ve got to love the delicious flavor of the salmon.
What a great way to reduce the carbs… a bunless burger!
Now this is not saying that you don’t need carbs. If you’re highly active or an athlete, surely you need carbs for fuel and to sustain you during intense workouts.
But, with this one, we’re doing it without the bun!
Though it may be missing the bun, it’s not lacking in flavor.
The tanginess of the salmon with the smoky char of the grill, the flavors coming rushing through.
Most people forget about the great taste of fish meshed into a burger. Salmon is rich in Omega-3’s and I often love to use it to give myself a break from beef or even turkey.
But on another note…I always use fresh wild-caught salmon. None of that stuff out of the can.
When I was a kid, I didn’t know any better. I actually liked that stuff. My Grandma use to make “salmon croquettes” and I remember that pink can. Boy we have come a long way.
In my young mothering days, I thought… hmm I haven’t had salmon croquettes in a long, long time…so of course I had to give it a try with my boys…boy that was a grave mistake. You would have thought I made them drink a bottle of castor oil with the faces they were making. Well that was one childhood dish that never made it back to my table.
So, fast forwarding, I have a tastier, healthier way of still getting my salmon and the great omega-3’s that my body needs! Ha! who needs that canned stuff!
Drop the bun and enjoy this tasty salmon burger with cool chipotle cream that's bursting with flavor.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 lb Salmon, wild caught
- 2 Tbsp Red Onion, diced
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Herbs (parsley, basil, Cilantro)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 lg Lettuce Leaves (Romaine or Butter Lettuce)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For Chipotle Cream:
- 1/2 C Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Begin by removing skin from salmon and place in a large mixing bowl. Chop salmon well.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix together
- Form mixture into patties and place onto a plate
- Heat a large pan until it's really hot, then add oil. Place each salmon burger in the pan and cook 5 minutes on each side. If patty loosens, use a spatula to reform.
- While burgers cook, place lettuce on a plate. In a small bowl, mix together chipotle cream and set aside.