This weekend has been filled with fun and laughter. It’s summer time and there’s nothing like good food, family and relaxation! I have guest that come by throughout the summer and I just absolutely love preparing something delicious to fill their innards. Lol!
I like to keep it light and refreshing. With the heat, it’s best to keep it simple. Salads, fish and a refreshing beverage make great food combinations. Fish can be prepapred in various ways. My new found love is in “fishcakes”. Not much different than salmon cakes, these fish cakes were absolutely delicious!
These are absolutely delicious! Crunchy fish cakes with the cool, yet spicy sauce is out of this world. You've got to try it!
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 lb Yellow Fin Tuna
- 1/2 c Quinoa, Brown Rice (cooked)
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp Fresh Dill (chopped)
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 c Bread Crumbs (gluten free opt.)
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 c Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 c Finely chopped Cucumber
- 1 TBSP Finely Chopped Shallots
- 1 TBSP Sriracha
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Cook the quinoa brown rice blend according to package instructions and set aside.
- Cut Yellow Fin Tuna steaks into 1 inch cubes. Place in a food processor and chop to almost paste texture.
- In a mixing bowl, add the fish and quinoa mix. Stir in the egg, lemon zest, dill, parsley salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, form 2" balls and pat out into 3/4" thick patties.
- On a plate, sprinkle half the bread crumbs. Place the fish cakes on the plate. Sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs on top.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 min. to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix yogurt, cucumber, shallots, sriracha and lemon juice. Refrigerate.
- Heat skillet and add the olive oil. Cook fish cakes 3-4 minutes per side.
- Top with the Cool & Spicy Yogurt Sauce. Enjoy!