These delicious sweet & spicy black beans paired well with those boldly flavorful char-grilled fish tacos. Black beans have become a staple item for many recipes and are a great source of fiber and protein.
Sweet & Spicy Black Beans
- 1 (15 oz) can Black Beans (rinsed, drained)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 cup Red Onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (more if desired)
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until just fragrant...about 30 secs. Add tomatoes and cilantro simmer 2 minutes then add the spices. Cook for 5 minutes then lower heat and simmer 15-25 minutes.