Top 6 Daily Detox Do’s
What is detox and why is it important? Many people ponder whether to detox or not.
Detox is another way of purifying the body and ridding it of chemicals, pollutants, metals
and an array of unhealthy toxins. Though the body has a natural system in place that cleanses
itself , there are times when the system hits overload and needs a little boost.
Your kidneys, lungs, liver, intestines, colon, heart, brain and yes even your skin all play their role
in eliminating waste and toxins from the body. So while these guys are doing their part, it’s vitally
important that you do yours. Here are 6 ways you can love and heal yourself from the inside out.
- Drink Water : Water is the most important tool when it comes to detoxing and cleansing your body. In order for your body to eliminate waste, sweat, or produce saliva, it needs water. If the taste of water does not appeal to you, try adding lemon, lime or cucumber.
- Exercise : Do some sort of physical activity regularly. Something that you enjoy. Exercise produces sweat. This is a very natural and spontaneous way to release toxins through the skin. Check out this guide to see the great benefits of using your own bodyweight when exercising.
- Eat Well : Your body is a well-oiled machine that doesn’t require extreme measures to cleanse itself. With well balanced nutrition that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, protein, fiber and good fats, you’ll build a stronger, healthier body from the inside out. It helps to eliminate caffeine, alcohol, smoking and sugar.
- Epsom Salt Bath: It won’t hurt to have a seat every now and then. Rather than standing and showering sit and bathe in a warm epsom salt bath. As a result, the salt draws toxins from the body through sweat and you’ll have smooth supple skin.
- Nature Walk: Clear your mind and ease the stress. Here’s one simple way; embrace nature and breathe in fresh air. Doing this puts those lungs to work and relieves tension. Go for a walk!
- Spiritual-Care: Prayer and meditation brings a deepening to life and oneness with God. In fact, this is an opportunity to create closeness, which expedites health and healing.